Friday, January 30, 2015

Currently Working On // Week 4

Print

Happy Friday! I've been very very lucky this week to be busy with orders - my Valentine's Day cards, a baby blanket (!!!), and a couple of beanies. That being said, I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on much else, much less new items for the shop (although I have so many in mind!). I remember reading in Creative, Inc. that when you decide to turn your hobby into a business, it stops feeling like a hobby, so you have to make sure you have something else to rely on as entertainment, a creative outlet, or stress relief. Because of that, I've been using the little free time I do have on the "for fun" projects this week. Here's what I've been working on!

FOR FUN:

doodle doodle
I've been super inspired by artist Lisa Congdon's instagram feed of doodles and sketches, so I ordered myself some Sakura Pigma Micron pens, white gelly rolls, and a sketch pad. Time for some mindless doodles to get the creative juices flowing! In case you're interested, Lisa has a line drawing class on CreativeBug that looks great. I think I might try it...

mighty mollie handwriting on photos
In case you haven't noticed, I've been recently obsessed with putting my handwriting on photos. I came across this tutorial that's been super helpful! I'm hoping to apply it to my card making as soon as I get a nice printer. That way I can paint my designs, scan them, then layer my handwriting on top without warping the cardstock or the colors bleeding through (this happens after so many layers of paint and ink). Then I can print my designs over and over - making it cost effective for me, and a more affordable product for you. I'll be testing it out on my yearly valentines to friends and family.

That's all I got for now, have a great weekend and GO SEAHAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment