Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sold!

grey and neon yellow stripe blanket

I wanted this blog to be a documentation of the process of opening and running an etsy shop, so I'm excited to share that I sold my first handmade blanket! After a quick wash (I always hand wash my blankets in dye/perfume-free detergent before sending them out), this beauty will be going out to a baby girl in LONDON tomorrow! This is great, because now I know how much to charge for shipping outside the US, and I can open up my shop to international buyers.

It may not seem like a lot, just one blanket sale, but I'm so excited and encouraged by this purchase. The buyer was kind enough to let me know that while she searched and searched on etsy for a grey/neon yellow blanket, she never found one. She then tried searching on Pinterest instead, and found my blanket right away! Now that I know my products aren't very visible, I learned to promote my listings so that they have a chance of appearing in search results on Etsy. You learn something new every day :)

In case you missed it, here's my Listing Spotlight post on the baby blankets I've made. Cheers!

Photo by Kelly Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment