Friday, February 20, 2015

Currently Working On // Week 7

Happy Friday! Thanks to the three-day weekend, I finally had some time to work on some new knit/crochet projects - and even finish one from previous weeks. I've been trying to experiment with new techniques that are original but still current, while also trying to find new ways to knit/crochet larger projects more quickly (which will in turn let me lower my prices). Bring in the chunky yarn and oversized knitting needles :)

FOR FUN:

Untitled
I started this blanket on Monday, and I am LOVING the way it is turning out! I bought these enormous size 50 knitting needles last week, and used two strands of chunky roving. (For reference, my "chunky" beanies are knit on size 10 knitting needles.) I ran out of yarn before I could finish, but if I can complete it in a reasonable amount of time without spending a crazy amount on yarn, then I'll go ahead and sell it on my shop!

TO SELL ON THE SHOP:

Untitled
Using the yarn from my February color crush post, I wanted to make a crocheted color block blanket using blush and black. I've been inspired lately by bold geometric shapes, so I thought it would be fun to play with that here. The black block is finished, but I'm still working on the blush.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

Untitled
I finally finished it!! You can see the progress here and here. It took WAY longer than I expected, which I why I bought the new, bigger, knitting needles. Hopefully I can start making affordable cowls that I can list on the shop, which will allow various price points for my shoppers :)

That's it for now - have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment