Friday, March 20, 2015

Currently Working On // Week 11

Happy Friday! I've been stressed, sad, and disappointed by this whole moth fiasco, BUT on the bright side it's forcing me to explore and reconnect with other crafts. I still haven't broken my March Challenge - everything I'm working on is from my existing inventory of craft supplies. So other than de-mothing my apartment, here's what I'm currently working on (unless I decide otherwise, everything is for fun!):

Untitled

I finally got around to taking my online calligraphy class! I learned the basics and have all my supplies, so now it's just a matter of practice, practice, practice. And when March is over, I'm buying a bunch of new ink colors!

Untitled

One of the last art supply purchases I made was this masking liquid pen from Blue Rooster Art Supplies in Los Feliz. I LOVE IT. For those who don't know, masking fluid is a mix of liquid rubber and latex that you apply to areas that you don't want painted. It resists the watercolor, then you either peel it off or rub it off with an eraser, leaving an untouched white area. It typically comes in a tub and you apply it with a paintbrush, so it's hard to get very detailed, which is why I was SO excited when this pen came out! This was one of the first experiments with it. I love you to the moon and back!

Untitled

I've also been playing with creating patterns! I followed this tutorial from an old Design*Sponge post, and it's been super fun. I started out with kitchen supplies because they're easy to draw and there's lots to choose from. Still coloring it in, stay tuned.

That's all for now, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment